Our senior leaders. And your partners in addressing complexity and opportunity where life meets money.
Richard B. Nathan, MST, Principal Rich was a portfolio manager and member of Forté Investment Committee. In this capacity, he was jointly responsible for overall investment strategy, security selection and fixed income allocations. Rich is currently a consultant to Forté Capital and is an active advisor to several of the firm’s individual and institutional clients. Rich is currently transitioning from a full-time member in the firm, as of 2016, to a part-time consulting principal in Forté Capital LLC.
- Tax and financial planning practice Woods & Nathan CPAs.
- Senior tax consultant and tax manager with Price Waterhouse.
- Technical Investment Plan Designer for financial consultants at Cigna Individual Financial Planning Services.
- Fixed income trading assistant and institutional client development specialist with Interstate/Johnson Lane Securities
- Senior auditor with Peat Marwick.
- BA — Accounting, University of Massachusetts.
- MA — Taxation, Florida International University.
- Member of the AICPA and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Chris Marvin, Vice President, Client Relations.
Chris has been in the investment business since he worked in International Private Banking at Citibank in the late 1980’s. Chris has also worked for three major US and European international brokerage firms. He has expertise in portfolio and wealth management, with 14 years of experience in the private client business.
Chris is a graduate of Amherst College and has been with Forte Capital since 2011. He brings his rich investment experience to bear on our clients’ financial needs. He serves clients in the New York metro area, New England, Florida, Georgia, California, and Oregon providing investment and retirement services.
Larry H. Rabinowitz, CFP®, Vice President, Client Relations.
Larry has over 22 years of experience helping clients navigate the intersections of financial, estate, tax, retirement and investment planning. During his tenure at US Trust, JP Morgan and PricewaterhouseCoopers, he provided expert advice on how to position, protect and grow assets for individuals and families.
Larry holds a Bachelors Degree from the State University at Albany and an MBA from Hofstra University. He also is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), with the Personal Financial Specialist designation (PFS), a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), and a Certified Trust Financial Adviser (CTFA). Larry currently serves on the Boards of Jewish Senior Life Foundation and the Wilmot Cancer Institute, and was President of the Estate Planning Council.
Chris Cardali, Regional Vice President
With over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry, Chris is able to provide clients with comprehensive and customized solutions to their varied and unique financial circumstances.
Chris’s expertise includes portfolio design, risk management, behavioral finance, investment management and client relationship management.
- Director of Sales at FCE Group
- Managing Director of Business Development at Krasney Financial
- Sales Manager and Chief Operating Officer at Hamilton Equity
- Branch Manager at TD Ameritrade
- Bachelors of Art, University of New York at Stony Brook
- Currently a candidate for the Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) designation.
- Previously Series 7,9,10,63,66 and LA & H Licensed
Pat Mathews, Director of Athlete Relations and Client Service Specialist.
Pat Mathews joined Forte Capital, LLC. in September of 2020 as the leader of the newly developed Sports Division of the company. Pat brings 16 years of experience working for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League and as a brand manager for professional athletes through F2 Management, which was founded by Mr. Mathews in 2018.
In addition to his extensive work experience in sports, client services, and management, Pat has wide-ranging community involvement, which he has been able to use to connect professional athletes with local charities. Pat is a board member of the Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club, a member of the Men of Action community group of Lackawanna, NY, and he is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Rho Lambda Chapter.
Pat has served as an Adjunct Professor in the Sports Administration program at Canisius College since 2007, where he also received his Master of Sports Administration degree in 2004.
As the Director of Athlete Relations for Forte Capital, Pat combines his extensive experience in client relations and athlete management, with the financial experience of the partners and staff at Forte Capital, to provide a suite of financial services to the professional athlete community.
Pat is a native of Niagara Falls, New York, and currently resides in Lackawanna, New York, with his wife Celinda.
Brian joined Forté Capital in 2020, following three decades of commercial lending. Most recently, he co-managed a $2 billion commercial loan portfolio with UMB Bank. His collective experience, serving closely held businesses, enables him to confidently assess risk and financial goals.
Brian entered the banking industry in the late 1980’s and spent half of his career with National City Bank in Cleveland, Ohio. As a commercial lender, he became well versed in the full range of financial services. Seeking more work/life balance he moved to Colorado in 2000 and rose through the ranks of several regional banks. He provided financial mentoring for entrepreneurs and to his peers as well.
Brian’s position supports the firm’s growing presence in the western United States.
• Senior Portfolio Manager, VP, UMB Bank, Denver
• Commercial Underwriter, VP, Bank of the West, Denver
• Senior Relationship Manager, VP, Bank of The West, Denver
• Director of Sales, Class Action Administration, Denver
• Relationship Manager, VP
• KeyBank / Compass / Chase / Wells Fargo / National City Bank
• BS – Finance, Miami University of Ohio
• MBA – Finance/Marketing, Case Western Reserve University
• Series 65 securities license